Thursday, August 15, 2013

OUCH?!

Over a week ago I went to take my frozen pizza out of the oven. Snagged my handy pot holder. Opened up the oven & slowly & carefully pulled the grill toward me.

Looking down, I noticed I was actually holding the metal edge of the grill with my thumb, the pot holder on the underside of the grill edge. Just out of reflex, I hollered & jerked my hand back. Couldn't believe what I had done.

But do you know what? I never felt a thing. It never hurt at all. Turns out, one of the side effects of one of the medications I take is that I might lose feeling in my fingertips. Lucky for me!

This has been over a week ago, & my poor thumb has gone all colors of the rainbow since then. Right now it's a rust color & is peeling around the edges.

Just thought I would share what I thought others might find interesting. Plus, I never had to give up playing Slap Jack . . . but that's another blog . . . My home

No comments: